Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkin Butter

I wanted to post this all day, but I waited until the kids and I could officially sample the final product...mmmm, so tasty, so here it goes. I got the recipe from a lady named Heidi Calder who did a little cookbook on just pumpkin recipes, and since we had a ton (I'm not kidding) of pumpkins, I am just eatn' it up...literally.


4 cups pumpkin pulp (or 2-16oz cans pumpkin)
1 package fruit pectin (1 3/4 oz size)
1 T pumpkin pie spice
4 1/2 cups sugar (please forgive me)

Combine pumpkin, pectin and spice in a dutch oven or large sauce pan. Cook and stir on HIGH until very hot. The mixture will be too thick to actually boil. (ok, mine did)


Stir in sugar. Continue stirring until mixture boils over most of the surface. Boil 1 minuter longer, stirring constantly.
Ladle into hot clean jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims thoroughly, adjust lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.


It should make about 4 pints. I doubled it and got 8.



Whenever I can things like this it always inspires me to clean my kitchen...so it all matches, clean and sparkly.

1 comment:

AcrossMyUniverse said...

oh my, look at you go girl!!! you look like me now... that's all i've been doing is canning x-mas gifts!!! sounds terrific...

 
Designed by Lena